Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to constraint clocks in Quartus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsrpkumar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am into a design.In clock generation unit i have certain ripple clocks and gated clocks.i want to constraint them in quartus s/w .can anyone help me regarding this.I am in urgent need of it.Thanking you
kumar

clock constraints

That can be a nightmare! I suggest redesigning the project with synchronous logic to eliminate ripple clocks and gated clocks.

For more explanation, refer to this Altera paper, "Design Guidelines for Optimal Results in FPGAs"
**broken link removed**

or this one from the Quartus handbook, "Design Recommendations for Altera Devices"
https://www.altera.com/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii51006.pdf

Re: clock constraints

hi,
use the option auto gated clock conversion option in qu(at)rtus tools it may help u n some way.

regards
alt007

echo47 said:
That can be a nightmare! I suggest redesigning the project with synchronous logic to eliminate ripple clocks and gated clocks.

Totally agree with you, ripple clocks may ruin your design if you are not professional.

Hello friends!
What is ripple clock ?
Thank you!

clock constraints

Ripple clk will we generated when you r using Ripple (Asynch.)Counter in your design.
You can put the constraint by selecting CLEAR & Preset signal in your design.

Gated Clk is only useful for LOW POWER requirement.
Anmol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back