Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect a net and a port in diff hierarchies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudheerkolamala

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i have a port in a submoduleA and a net in submodule B,when i use
connect_net [get_nets tdsunit1/cs_ff_mode[31]] [get_ports teunit1/cs_ff_mode_31],its giving that they are in diff hierarchy and so cannot be connected.is there a way to create another net or something so that i can connect these two

I think what it says is perfect.

Connect from port to port.

Concept:
1. As you said - you have two blocks placed on a top-cell. So there should be a net at top-cell connecting two.
Although you can connect by abutments / overlap, still it is recommended to have top level metal geometry to be present at overlap.

2. A wire, interconnect-shape that logically crosses a design hierarchy and is available to be connected to other blocks from outside [above its hierarchy] - is a pin or port.

I don't understand what you mentioned as submodule [ is it available as a LEF design MACRO? or a STDCELL? ] - I think, you are never allowed to connect to any metal-shape/geometries, which is it's internal net of the block. All you can touch from a level of hierarchy above is a pin or pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back