Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to compile the Sc2v tool from Opencores ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blooz

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got a System C to verilog Translator (Source files )from opencores.org ..I am not Quite Aquainted with the process of compiling in linux platform/CYGWIN.....Could you help me .....View attachment sc2v_latest.tar.gz

the file is attached ..here

the pdf has detailed Steps ..but i can not comprehend it ...not familiar with these process ...Could you help

OK, first you need to have some kind of Linux distribution installed, doing this under CYGWIN is a hassle, error prone and a waste of time.
Use Ubuntu or OpenSuse as they are extremely easy to install alog with windows and not lickelyto destroy anything.
Once installed use the package manager to install the following packages:
- make
- flex
- yacc
- bison

Both above distributions have graphical package management tools with GUI but you can login as user root ( same as administrator in windows ) in a terminal and type:
On OpenSuse:
zypper install make flex bison yacc
On Ubuntu
apt-get install make flex bison yacc

This will download the packages along with eventual dependencies.

As a normal user download and then extract the files:
tar xzvf sc2v_latest.tar.gz

then to compile the files:
cd sc2v\trunk\
and there type:
make all
then
make docs

if you look into the examples directories you should see the translated files.

That's all, if you want to see how is done open the Makefile file with a text editor and look into it and add your own stuff.

Hope that helps,
Mircea

Reactions: blooz

blooz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back