Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to change the type of file from unknown to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuradha.verma

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have .db file which has type :unknown.i want to change the type :program
Please tell me how i can do that

*.db files are database files, may be supported by Microsoft Access or it may be a thumbnail file. If it is showing 'type unknown' then there must be a 'file association' problem. Right click on that file, go to propertiesd check the option-
"Opens with: *****" See what program is associated with it. If there is no program, then click "Change" tab and associate it with its proper program. Check the box (tick mark) written as- "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"

Here is the solution. You try with it..

=>Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
=>On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
=>Click the View tab.
=>In the Advanced settings box, click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
=>Click OK.

@laurenrodriguez1 this part of EdaBoard is for Linux discussion, I would be VERY suprised if the original poster had Windows Explorer installed !!!
Your advice is correct for Windows systems though.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.