Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change the field from PCB to IC layout design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash13

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
analog layout malaysia

dear
i am currently working in pcb layout designer
i have a interest in ic layout design
is there any posibilities to change the field from pcb to i layout
please give me the sugestions
thanks

Re: analog layout

Nothing is impossible.

You can read some books about analog layout, and then do some exercises.
It will be helpful if there are some layout for you to study.

Hi,
Although IC layout is different from PCB layout, it is not too difficult to learn. However, care must be taken when doing the analog IC layout, as the analog portion of the IC layout have more considerations compared to digital portions. There are several good books for beginning IC layout and the ebooks are available here:

IC Layout Basics : A Practical Guide
by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint

The Art of Analog Layout
by Alan Hastings

analog layout

another book recommended:

Mask of Layout

by Christopher Saint, Judy Saint

Hey Guys,

Can one of you email me " The Art of Analog Layout" and "IC Layout Basics" . I am a new member and cannot see the links .. my email address is menaka@gmail.com

Thanks

You can easily switch to the IC layout design it si not so difficult as it seems to be.
You just need to do a little bit of hard work for learning the different tools and basic guidelines for the layout.

IC layout is easy to learn comparative to say... IC design. Experience will be a added advantage but logic, awareness and awareness is important.

However sources about IC layout on the net is hard to find so a good book for basics is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back