Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the co & cross polarization in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaakaa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a little confused about the calculation of co&cross polarization
If I am simulating a Microstrip antenna,
I wonder how to show these patterns in HFSS?

I don't know if the "rEL3X",
"rEL3y", is the correct pattern??

cPoL&XPoL?

Hi vaakaa,
There is the radiation patterns steps in HFSS...
1. insert far field setup > Infinite sphere.. and set phi and theta.
2. results > report type : far field, display type : radiation patterns
3. in sweep part: select "sweep design and project variale values, Description of theta is "all values", Description of phi is decision of your feeding direction, it's only the 0 or 90 degree.
4. in mag part : category select to rE or directivily, quantily select to "rEtheta or rEphi" or "Dirphi or Dirtheta", function select to "dB", and add trace respective.

Re: cPoL&XPoL?

There are several things to get your hands around:

Go into on-line help and review the definitions of the various pattern parameters available in post processing (for patterns). As an aside if you elect to use the calculator directly there are even more, but save that for another day.

The name of a particular radiation component may change as the orientation of your model changes, It depends on how you aligned the model during construction.

If you really want to get your hands around this polarization issue run down a copy of Stutzman's book on the subject (specifically Polarization). I mention it on this site periodically and I still only have a paper copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back