Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate power after encounter with CPF flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyyshaken

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,everyone:
i just go through the CPF flow from IUS to socencounter8.1 , but after finish physical implementation, i can't find any static power analysis for multi-mode design.
could anyone tell me how to do multi-mode power analysis with encounter or voltage storm?
by the way i use CPF flow to decrease my design power with PSO technology,and i made 9 power modes in my CPF file, i need to know the power of each mode. you can give me any advice on static or dynamic methods.
thanks a lot .

I don't think encounter will calculate it for you. At least I have never found a way. I calculate manually based on cell count per domain, frequency, activity ratio, etc.

Encounter can do power analysis from a long time ago. You can refer to the "Power Calculation Commands" section in Encounter's text command reference.

For example, if you want to do it in MMMC mode, you can run:

Code:
  set_power_analysis_mode -analysis_view <your_view>
  report_power

BTW, Encounter can also do rail analysis. If you are using Encounter 8.1 and above, all the power analysis and rail analysis features have already been integrated in a new tool called the EPS(Encounter Power System), which has much better usability than the previous Voltage Storm. EPS can be launched both as a standalone tool and inside Encounter as well.

richiedeng said:
Encounter can do power analysis from a long time ago.
Hey thanks; I'll try that. I'm curious about how accurate it is without activity rates, output loading, etc.

hi,richiedeng:
thx for your valuable advice. but i only got one analysis view, but 9 power mode. if you use all PSO thchnology, you'll know there is only one analysis view.
BTW, if use DVFS or MSV technology, we'll get several analysis views.

richiedeng said:
Encounter can do power analysis from a long time ago. You can refer to the "Power Calculation Commands" section in Encounter's text command reference.

For example, if you want to do it in MMMC mode, you can run:

Code:
  set_power_analysis_mode -analysis_view <your_view>
  report_power

BTW, Encounter can also do rail analysis. If you are using Encounter 8.1 and above, all the power analysis and rail analysis features have already been integrated in a new tool called the EPS(Encounter Power System), which has much better usability than the previous Voltage Storm. EPS can be launched both as a standalone tool and inside Encounter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back