Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build ML403 uClinux in Window PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamejoko80

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linux ml403

is it possible to build uClinux kernel, and implement to ML403 by using only one Window PC ?
some documents are difficult for me because a linux work station is need for compiling the uClinux kernel.
I found a site which seem to solve my problem but i don't know it is correct or not.
Please check this : https://osdir.com/ml/uclinux.microblaze/2003-04/msg00007.html
Xilinx has offered the xapp730.pdf and xapp934.pdf for using a window PC as a linux work station. a VMplayer is need to do that.

with only one window PC (use VMplayer) how can I share, copy files from window to linux machine (use VMplayer), and from linux machine to window ?

xapp934.pdf

I'm not familiar with uClinux, but there are various ways of installing Linux into a Windows PC without having to setup a Linux dual-boot or a separate machine. I've used coLinux to run Debian Linux under Win2K with good results. Maybe it would work for you too. It's convenient having full Linux running in a Windows window. The entire Linux file system is stored in one big Windows file. Exchanging files between the two systems can be done by mounting a Windows folder, FTP, and probably several other ways that I haven't explored.
http://www.colinux.org/

uclinux window

echo47 said:
I'm not familiar with uClinux, but there are various ways of installing Linux into a Windows PC without having to setup a Linux dual-boot or a separate machine. I've used coLinux to run Debian Linux under Win2K with good results. Maybe it would work for you too. It's convenient having full Linux running in a Windows window. The entire Linux file system is stored in one big Windows file. Exchanging files between the two systems can be done by mounting a Windows folder, FTP, and probably several other ways that I haven't explored.
http://www.colinux.org/

@ Mr echo47 : Thank you very much, I'll try it.

ml403 embedded linux

it is possible, but not recomended.

you should use the cygwin to do it. it is gigantic project you need to download and install from the net.

there is actually application by xilinx describing the process, including the download process.

xapp934

I heard that compiling on cygwin is much slower than on coLinux and in most cases causes significant library and version conflicts. When using it, we must hack the origin xilinx's gnu tool. which is discribed in https://osdir.com/ml/uclinux.microblaze/2003-04/msg00007.html

I'm a new bie, with colinux, I've met some problems:
- How to share files from colinux to window (My xilinx EDK is installed in winXP system)
- Need an example about building the uClinux kernel by using colinux.

every one who had experience about this yet ???

uclinux in colinux

don't know about colinux, i sugest you will install redhat or feodora on another computer, if you have old computer.

pdf+how to start uclinux

Well ! I tried to install the newest version of the coLinux(0.7.1), firstly I met some errors when updating system files (Debian) by using apt-get update , apt-get install cvs commands ...
it is not easy for a newbie like me! so, took a trip by google I found keys from Japanese frorums and QA web sites like :

APT::Cache-Limit “100000000”;
APT::Force-LoopBreak “true”;

and "dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH" was solved by

cp /bin/false/ /tmp
cd /tmp
ln –s false update-rc.d
export PATH=$PATH:/tmp

etc...

now, I can use the samba which suports accessing files between coLinux and window.

the next job is how to setup the uClinux environment for developing my ML403 embedded board,it still makes me busy on this final year..:cry:

ml403 samba

anyone upload the file **broken link removed**

here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back