Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to be a Electronic independent contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to be a Electronic independent contractor?

What kinds of forms do you have to fill out ?

How do you become a electronic independent contractor?

Walters,
In addition to the usual business and sales tax licenses, which vary from one locality to the next, many states require that you obtain a Professional Engineer (PE) Licence before you can do consulting, especially in areas involving public safety.
Regards,
Kral

No i do electronic work i mean like upgrading IC's chips, transistors, resistors,capacitors , doing electronic work

I want to do electronic services repairing,rework,upgrades etc like freelancing jobs , being mobile with your tool chest in your car and going to peoples houses

But instead of them hiring me for $10 a hour i want to have a clip board and say i'm a indepedent contractor i will change your XXX these are my prices to do cleaning XXX , upgrading XXX, rework XXX, reparing XXX prices

How can i do this please?

I'm trying to get away from people hiring me for cheap money so i want to be more in control with a contract stating my prices like a electronic independent contractor does

example:
If your want your module re-capped it will cost you $200

Cleaning your module will cost $100

Instead of the employer or someone hiring me for a service saying i will pay you $10 a hour to re-capp my module and clean is and do it in 1 hour deadline

I want to be more in charge and tell them i'm not on a deadline or time clock

How can i be more in charge of my next new jobs ??

You may negociate a higher rate with your employer, or try to start your own business yourself.

walters said:

If you were capable of doing the job, you would not need to ask this question.

You can go to your local Chamber of Commerce (most cities or towns have one) and they can get you started with where to get a business license.You may just be able to get a Doing Business As license, which is very easy to get from some government office (I'm sorry but I've forgotten which one).
You set your own prices and get your own jobs. Getting your own jobs, in my opinion, is the difficult part. It may involve paying for advertising and if not, word of mouth to let customers know that you are available.
Your local Chamber may also have Small Business help available. It is a great place to start gathering knowledge about having your own business.

If you were capable of doing the job, you would not need to ask this question.
Respectfully said, but I think this kind of comment is not very helpful. Making fun of someone's goal, dream or desire is not how technical people should be supporting each other.

Nora

Status
Not open for further replies.