Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to avoid unknown state during post simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xv_ning999

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in my recent design, there were some cross-clockdomain signals.when i was doing post simulation these signals got unknown state due to the hold time violation when they pass through different clock domains. and then these unknown states propagated through my design.They at last make my post simulation unrunnable.I take masures to avoid meta-stable in my RTL coding. But is there anyone can give me some advice about how to control these known states to propagate in my post simulation?

Hi ,

Clk Crossing domains need to taken care correctly by design .
if you have a violation in your simulation should proceed further without any issue .

One of the practice is disable timing for those flops in SDF . just make corresponding flop hold timing checks to "0" . This will solve your issue .

But before you do this you need to enalize
- Your RTL is taken care for clk crossing , so hold violatuion ( which can happend in real time) should not effect your functionality .
- If you have synchronization clk and if you get hold violation on first you can go ahead and do a SDF patch ( you can make holdtime check to "0") .

Thanks & Regards
yln

1. all signal has initial value
2. no violation

It should be dealed with two different cases.
1. Real violation, debug and find the reason to cause x and solve it.
2. No a function issue and only the simualtion cause it. --- disable it to transfer to next stage. there is a xfilter parameter register in some library, you can set xfilter = 1 to disable x state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back