Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to apply volume control to the class D output stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqsky

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my design, the class D output stage is directly drived by a Sigma Delta modulator (PWM output).

My method is reducing the digital input number to the sigma delta modulator but losting dynamic range

thanks for any reply

You can adjust the power supply to control the output power.

If the class D output stage want to supply more than 100mA to drive the speaker, how to realize?

dear bbqsky:
I am designing a class-d output stage too,can u give some advice or useful notes or the solusin of the problem meeted in designed?? thanks;

If you select H-bridge architecure, it is critical to ensure that the signals in each branch of the differential path have equal rise and fall times and, hence, reach the
switching threshold-voltage of the inverters at exactly the same instant.

there is DC offset in two branch ???

ARE YOU DESIGNING THE AMPLIFIER FROM SCRATCH ??

OR USING SOMEBODY ELSE'S CIRCUIT ??
I will BE USING A MAXIM AMPLIFIER IN A DESIGN WHERE I USE IT TO DRIVE A GALAVOMETER. I HAVEN'T RECIEVED THE CIRCUIT YET ..BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE SIGNAL OUTPUT .DEPENDS ON THE SIGNAL INPUT SO IS EASY TO CONTROL WITH A PREAMPLIFIER OR CHANGING THE SCALE WITH A DAC OR EVEN CHANGING, THE VOLTAGE REFERENCE OF THE DACS

The signal input to the class D is PWM, it is pluse, and so is the output
I think, to control the volume, there are only 2 ways
1. PWM that input to the class D repesent different volume, the cost is lossing our system dymatic range
2. Amplitude of the output PWM (pluse) can be control.
Since the class D is composed of buffers, it want to adjust the supply voltage
If i want to have 8 levels volnme, it wil be difficult to realize and loss efficency

add resistor to ouput branch,of c z,it will lead to decreasing efficiency.

i heard a digital volume control technology in Class D,but i dont know how it works?who have some instructions about this asepct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back