Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to apply bias voltage in I3ED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhangKhang

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am designing a THz antenna!
Assume that we have 2 microstrip line apart by a distance d!
My problem is that how to apply a dc bias voltage to these terminal of the MS Lines in Ie3d simulator, 1 terminal with dc+ and another with dc- ?

Has anyone experienced this situation?
Please give me some advice!

regards

Hi, Khang Khang:

IE3D is a full-wave EM simulators for the passive parts of a structure only. You don't need to worry about bias in IE3D simualtion. In case you need to do a non-linear circuit simulation including structures and non-linear and lumped elements, you can use MDSPICE with the s-parameters created from IE3D. You can do time domain simulation with s-parameters, non-linear devices and lumped elements together. In such a case, you can assume a biasing voltage or you can even define a biasing waveform on MDSPICE. Thanks!

Hi, jian
thanks for your helpful advice
I have tried but i have not figured out how to come up to what you told me.

can you please spend a couple of minutes to design and upload it here?

Let 's assume about my simplest case as I described.

Thank you very much!
(Sorry I bother you)

Hi, KhangKhang:

When you have a circuits consisting of structures (traces, vias, etc) and lumped elements (R, L, C and active devices), you should use ports to replace the lumped elements and simualte the structures first. You wil get the s-parameters. Then, you put the s-parameters together with lumped elements onto some circuit simulators to do microwave circuit simulations. In case you have non-linear devices, you may need to do non-linear circuit simulatoins. You can do harmonic balance analysis. If you want to do time domain simulation, you can try the MDSPICE. On MDSPICE, you can assign a bias voltage to a non-linear device or your can apply a time domain bias voltage to it in real time.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back