Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to analyze this amp circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmhero

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to analyze a circuit

is this a three stage amp???
i don't know the effect of the two cap!
it seem not nested miller compesation!

i am a new member in this bbs , any answer is welcome.

It is three stage amplifier with lowpass frequency charactheristic. First stage has differential input and differential output. Second stage has differential input and single output. Third stage has differential input and single output. Capacitors are added to lower upper frequency limit (better stability?).
Next time you post pictures use .gif format instead of .bmp. Files are shorter.

To lower upper frequency limit in order to improve the phase margin and gain margin. Am I right?

sorry,i made a mistake.the correct one is here.plz see the attachment[/img]

sorry,i made a mistake.the correct one is here.plz see the attachment

This is a simple hybrid class A/AB amplifier (input stage is class A and output is class AB).
The trick is that your non-dominant pole is at higher freq (about a factor of two) than the standard miller amplifier.
Same power but better phase margin.

nathan

BTW: you don't need two compensation cap, you just need one.

**broken link removed**[/img]

this circuit is wrong

I agree with Xusoso. Just short Vout to the GND for a while and check all nodal voltages.

sorry
substitute nmos for pmos in M1

With this change the circuit looks very nice. This follower can provide high driving capability for both pull-up and pull-down directions. At the same time the it's own current consumtion can be quite low. It is very useful for low power application.

Status
Not open for further replies.