Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How should I define a clock at the output of MUX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahid_roostaie

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have Muxed clocks in my design.there is no relationship between these two clocks
I used create_clock to define the two clocks and I want to know that:

how should I define the clock at the output of the MUX should I use create_clock for this pin or create_generated_clock?

what about MUX select signal?

please help me to solve this problem that how can I synthesis and analyze this clock Muxing in DC_shell?

thanks for your help

muxed clock

hi,

use create_generated_clock
and set_case_analysis "1 or 0" [get_ports "your mux sel input"]

muxed clock not working

I have used set_case_analysis with "get_pins" because the mux select signal is generated internaly is this way ok?but when I want to specify the mux select signal input DC can't find that I found the mux select signal from the verilog netlist file after analyze and elaborate is this ok?

this is the command I used and DC rejected it :

set_case analysis 0 [get_pins digital_core/controller/B_6/Z_0]

Z is the output port of a buffer that mux select signal is connected to it's input in the netlist.

clock mux

Give me DC error message

and try with mux select input ... [get_pins mux_path/sel]

muxing clock

hi vahid,

Ur sel_input is internally generated and DC cant find the pin.

I assume u did a top to bottom synthesis and ur clock_mux is one module.

2 modules:
1) top_mod
2) clock_mux

Therefore, ur current_design is top_mod. To assign set_case_analysis on the sel_pin, u must make clock_mux module as a current module and then set_case_analysis to sel_pin.

Hope this helps
-no_mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back