Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does Accumulator-type DCO work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow_tulip_84

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
accumulator dco

Can anyone understand how Accumulator type DCO work? I just simply know DCO using accumulator with Adder N-bits and the number K, which is the number being added into adder at every clock in order to generate the desired frequency. Actually, i don't understand how it can operate? and what is the purpose of K for this implement?

Thanks in advance.

how does an accumulator work

hi
sorry i m in hurry now...no time to explain...for u i m posting one doc. just go thro it. it will give a clear idea.

how does accumulator work

it is quite easy --- it is just repeated addition....each time accumulator holds the result.. then its MSB gives square wave output and result given to LUT of sine gives corrosponding sine values

Added after 1 minutes:

Well the value of frequency output dependes on the numner K and clock frequency

accumulator based dco

Thx for your help.

i read through the pdf and found the Fig6 (Detailed block diagram of DDS) quite difficult to understand how Accummulator DCO work. There is one thing i'm still confusing:

How does the number K added in adder in every clock help to decrease the frequency by 2^N/K times?

wish i don't bother you so much. Anyway, thx for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back