Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you instantiate/attach the lef files into your physical design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a doubt. How do you instantiate/attach the lef files into your physical design .

Details of my question:-
1. I used innovus to get the GDSII for the processing system.
2. I want to add an ADC (full custom) to the design. I have made the layout in virtuoso.
3. How can I pick the layout from virtuoso and place it inside my digital physical design.
Current understanding: Currently I look forward to generating a LEF file from the virtuoso and add it to the GDS placement.

But I don't knwo how to do that.

PLEASE GUIDE ME..

you need a tool called abstract generator. it is part of the virtuoso suite

you need a tool called abstract generator. it is part of the virtuoso suite
Then, would I need to instantiate the LEF macro in the netlist?

I mean how would the logical connections etween my standard cell design and the Macro would be defined once I I generate a LEF file?

Could you please also tell how I can connect my MACRO to the standard cells?

Example:
1. I have 8 bit SAR ADC layout. I make the layout and get the LEF for it.
2. 8 bit output of thr ADC has to be connected to GPIO port that is implemented in RTL and hence synthesized.
3. How do I make the logical connection of these 8 bits to GPIO port bus logically/ physically.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

you make the connections by hand in the netlist.

once you generate the LEF, open it in a text editor and you will understand that your macro has a name and pins. just instantiate in verilog and the physical synthesis tool will understand what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back