Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do i know that a router works in bridge mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monimi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, is just that i configured a router in bridge mode, but i dont know exactly how to test it to know that it works. If someone could help me on this it would be really great, thanks in advanced. (i need help).

I have an Apple Airport base unit. It has three options I can choose: (1) bridge mode (which is the only option that works to get internet access), or #2 and #3 which create a flashing light error.

About the only test equipment you can try is your computer. If you can get on the internet, it's working.

If you have a hub or switch, watch status lights because they can give a hint as to what is going on. If you see rapid flashing alternating between ethernet connectors, then that indicates some kind of activity.

Diagnosing network problems is akin to voodoo. Tactics that you try for the first time may work. Tactics that worked before may not work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.