Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how did we select power wire selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsudheer

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz help me,
how did we select power for 10kva system with out put 110ac, i heard one formule i.e vd= (2*k*I*l) /csa... plz kindly give clarify fromulae with exampl

adv thanks
sudheer

I do not know what "vd" is or "k" or "l". From basics, your max current is 10,000/110 ~90 Amps. So you need a cable that can carry 90 A from source to load without dropping too much voltage down it. The voltage drop is normally 2.5%. This then defines the resistance of the cable R = (2.5/100) X (110/90) = .030 ohms. If you now look at the charts for cable you need to find a cable that is long enough for your needs that has a resistance equal or less then this value. Note the cable drops voltage down its live AND neutral conductors, so you need to work on .015 ohms for a single run.
Frank

Choosing a proper and an adequate wire or cable for any purpose is of very much importance. And if you are choosing it for the electrical purpose then it is of utmost value to give proper care and attention. Different electrical appliances require different current and voltage requirements to operate. So for different devices the cable used should also be different. Selecting the proper cable is of so much importance because it is connected with the security of your house or other buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.