Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can we connect 3 seven segment display to single port of 8051 microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can use a serial to parallel convertor..
This I think can limit the use to only 3 pins of the port...
But it will increase the cost..
I haven't tried it...

luk bro,, its as simple as this...

u may connect any number of seven segment led's to only one port of microcontroller..
but it may use addition number of pins of ur controller
i.e.
if u want to use four seven segment display then in addition with the seven pins of a single port,, u require four different pins....for switching operations..

1.just connect the power and ground of each of the seven segment led via transistor or a switch...
2.short the data lines of all the seven segment and finallly take out seven wires only...
3. now u r having 7+4 wires...
4.connect the seven wires to any of the port and make the adjustment for the other four also..
Now, it is just a simple program that enables you to show your data on seven segment led....

if you are interested-- the concept is of time division multiplexing on the seven segment led
(the 7 segment led switches with a very high speed, machine cycle of your controller) so you are able to see different data on the 7segment leds..

Status
Not open for further replies.