Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I use a digital value from PIC16F877 to control a solenoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanboy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to use PIC16F877 to convert the analog signal from an accelerometer to digital, then i would use the digital signal to control a solenoid to hit a bell. That is the idea but how can I use the digital value from the PIC to control the solenoid? any help or idea would be appreciated.

regards

Re: PIC16F877

The control logic depends on what kind of control you want
like for example you want digital control
such that when the acceleration is high (or less) than certain value it should hit the bell

Then you have to create a certain set point of digital value and when sensor digital value is more (or less) than the set point you should activate your bell

Its better if you provide more detail descirption about exactly what you want to do then it will be easier for all to ogive u ideas

you must exactly describe what do you want to do ?
but about solunoid ...
you may connect one of I/O Pin of 16F877 to base of a BJT ( regarding nominal curent of sol ) , and set tris of that pin 0 (for output) . connect emmiter to GND and Collector through sol to VCC .
when you set this pin transistor is on and bell is working .

Example using of dig.output:

you will have to shcek the datasheet of transistor to see that how much bas current is required to satrurate the transistor in ON condition to drive your load
Then see if this amount of cuurent can be supplied by your microcontroller (it will also decide the value of base resistor)
if the current is higer than the rating of your microcontroller than use a transistor in between output of the micorcontroller and the base of load transistor (just remember if you drive the base of load transistor by collector of driving transistor your logic will be inverted )

Dig.output on PIC16F8.. is 10mA ... NO PROBLEM

Transistor... for ex. TIP121-122 h(FE) must be min 100;

Rele I(L)...50-200mA switching -10A;

I forgot diode paralell with rele-coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back