Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I test a FM module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adolfchen

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to test FM ?

I got a FM module. I need to test it. But I don't how to test.
How many testing items do I need to test? How to test it?
Who know that? Please help me? Thank you!

Re: How to test FM ?

Hi

Simply use scop (if the module is high frequency it a bit of a problem)
Sync the the scop to the carrier frequency and apply modulation you will see the cerrier chang with the modulation.

this method is good up to 100 MHz

best

Bobi

Hi!
Simply, you can use a radio which has FM band. Connect micro to input of your FM Module.
Tune your Radio and ta[[
/i]/b]lk to micro. If your FM module is still work well, your can hear your voice on Radio! :wink:

Hi...

In order to test a FM module you may review the next items:

1) Harmmonic distortion: Using a spectral analyzer, you should view the output signal (before antenna), and get the amplitude of each bands components. Also, you should care if it works narrow band FM, or wide band FM.

2) Power consumption and efficiency are very important getting a more power at more distance.

3) Phase noise: the inside oscillator system sholud have a small offset frequency around the carrier frequency.

How to test FM ?

You may like this Agilent application note. Just go to www.agilent.com and search for "AN 150-1"

Spectrum Analysis: Amplitude and Frequency Modulation (AN 150-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.