Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make or get RF pulse transmitter and receiver of 10km radius?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanibrand

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a simple pulse sender and receiver but that can cover 10km. Is that possible?

Yes is likely to be the answer, but you need to give far more information before anyone could help you.

Your biggest problem will be legal. Such things are prohibited by the radio laws of most countries. These laws restrict the peak power on the ISM bands which will reduce your range.

Yes is likely to be the answer, but you need to give far more information before anyone could help you.

Good. I need it to just beep whenever anything interrupts my device at home, so that it sends me a beep when I am at work.

The device:

An 555 timer pulse that turns on when touched... (lol)

I need a receiver for it too such that I will receive the pulse or beep.

So how can you help? It may be of unique frequency far from trouble...

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure there are safety frequencies we can transmit on that is legal... Ham radio guys thrive on this... right?

So help me out, all I want is for beeps to sound at my end, not sound.

There may be no need for a carrier... just a pulse is needed. So short spurts of ON (you got it?)

Yes?

- - - Updated - - -

There may be no need for a carrier... just a pulse is needed. So short spurts of ON (you got it?)

If no carrier, you signal will be wideband, and I don't think you have a transmitter that can radiate wide band signal without any distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back