Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i know the model which the simulator is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffassir

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using Cadence 6.1.4 and virtuoso ,gpdk180 and ADE L.

I want to know which model (BSIM3.3, BSIM4.6, BSIM SOI 4.0 or EKV 2.6) of transistor (MOS) is being used by the simulator .how can i do that . Further how can i change the model to EKV 2.6 if possible. what are the steps to be followed.

Thanks in advance..

It depends on the simulator you're using: if this is SPECTRE (ADE standard), you'll probably find in your GPDK suite a file named gpdk.scs, which includes a lot of corner specific model include files (with extension .scs , too). In these device specific model files you can find the proper SPECTRE model files which will be used for simulation. The header of these files should include info about the model used, e.g. BSIM3v3 (level 49 or 53) or BSIM4v6 (level 54) a.s.o. I don't know if the gpdk180 supports EKV models, search the device specific model files.

BTW: SOI models will only be available for an SOI process, of course.

One should be able to dump the Netlist from the simulator. Review the model call for the device.

For different model call, change the model path in the simulator and redump the netlist for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back