Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I install mplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earlybird

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,
I've download "MPlayer-1.0rc1.tar" ,"kmplayer-0.9.3.tar". But I dont know how to install it. please help me.

please me details. my email address: sea002bd@yahoo.com

regards

sagar.

Step 1. Untar/unpack the content of the Mpla****.tar file using

linux [~]> tar -xf Mplay****.tar

Step 2. Enter into the unpacked file and configure it with

linux /Mplay****[~]> ./configure or
linux /Mplay****[~]> ./configure --enable-gui

Step 3. Ensure that you have the following tools installed otherwise step 2 will give you an error.
tools needed: gcc3.3* or higher (gcc4.*), make.
If the tools are present build the module with 'make' by calling (you must be super user)
linux /Mplay****[~]> make

Go and take a cup of coffee or two !

install that modules with.

linux /Mplay****[~]> make install

Removes the used modules components with

linux /Mplay****[~]> make clean

Step 4.
Download the codecs and read(you have to learn a little bit by doing daug !) the README file.

Step 5. have fun !

Need codecs installed in the beginning
With problem may be install MPlayer , it may be required gcc3.0 installation.
You may use XINE!!!

the easiest way is to use repository. for example if u are using some debian distros ,u r linux provider provide u with a facility of installing many softwares online with some simple cammands. it would be better for u to let us know which distro are u using.

for debian or debian based distros , command is this

sudo apt-get update
after some times when it stops updating type the following

sudo apt-get install mplayer

that is fine. it will first download mplayer from the repository provided by your distro then it will install it automatically. it has many advantages over manual install of softwares.
plz let me know what your distro is.

I have installed mplayer MPlayer-1.0rc1 in SUSE 10.0,but it doesn't support GUI successfully,so I have to open multimedia files in shell by the command "mplayer /path/file name"

Friends
help me about GUI of mplayer.

I've installed MPlayer-1.0rc1.tar.bz2

BUT I cannt play as xine(in terminal by typing xine).

How can i change installed directory?

regards
sagar

what's your linux distro?
if fedora you can easily:
yum install mplayer
or you can make a search befor with
yum search mplayer
or if you have a debian or ubuntu you can use synaptic it is graphical and easy to use.
you must have an internet connection also.

u can find the gui rpm it is called gmplayer

earlybird said:
Friends
help me about GUI of mplayer.

I've installed MPlayer-1.0rc1.tar.bz2

BUT I cannt play as xine(in terminal by typing xine).

How can i change installed directory?

regards
sagar

xine is a multimedia rendering library not a application, you can not type xine in the terminal, there is a xine_ui for that;
now if you compiled mplayer check to see if you use the --eneble-gui switch, but I bet you don't have eny skin installed, get the default skin (Blue) from http://www.mplayerhq.hu, start gmplayer from a console without opening a file, and see the output it can be of great help.
if you're useing suse there are a few prebuild rpm binarys you can try just google them

what is your linux version?
If it is based on debian,try:
sudo apt-get install mplayer
I do not think it is proper for newbies to compile programs themselves.If you really want to know how Make works,I suggest you first read some tutorial about what is makefile and its syntaxs.

Status
Not open for further replies.