Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I find 20 lead ssop in Orcad Layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulderico

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
msop footprint orcad

How I can found 20 lead ssop in layout?

Re: Layout Orcad

You must have it in the build-in library, if you have installed the completet product. Any way if you are working with non-standard component it is better to design padstack by yourself.

Bitter experience tells me to ALWAYS, carefully (very carefully!), check any components included with a board package library. Small differences between the device manufacturers implementation and the library may be significant for small geometry SMT packages. I have been been burned many times by assuming that "it's gotta be ok, it's a standard package".

hi you all,

1) did you find that footprint in the end??

2) does any one know in what libary is it in??

3)and what about the 10 lead MSOP does any one know were it can be found??

thank's

iftah
:)

I found a lot of times it's easier to make one by myself than to search a package in OrCAD. And there are a lot if places in OrCAD that will take time. I cannot understand why people still buy it.

i know i can make one on myohwn but,

this is a standart part and there mast be a valid true footprint soomewere.
plus,
what if, i'll make a mistake while bulding the footprint on myohwn, (i have never done it before......)

thank's ,
iftah
:)

I was just complaining. I used to search the package library until I found something similar. I print out the package in 1:1 and make sure it is exactly what I want. Most times I place the chip on my print and see if they match perfectly. That's a stupid way. But I don't trust either OrCAD or myself:(

Another cheap and small PCB software, Eagle, solves the problem perfectly, at least much better than OrCAD. Protel doesnt have the problem either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back