Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i design opamp ideal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inder7

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i design opamp ideal?

This is an ambiguous request lacking information to properly assist you. What simulator are you using? Doesn't it have an ideal opamp model itself?

ideal opamp circuit in gyrator circuit in differential configuration is to be designed in cadence tool. So what parameters should be taken care of and what should be done to make this opamp as an ideal one?

* The output changes its voltage to whatever it needs to be, in order to cause both inputs to be at an equal voltage.

* The output can provide infinite amperes.

* Infinite gain is available.

* Gain-bandwidth product is infinite.

Hmmm, there's more than I wrote down above.
For more parameters see this webpage (1/5 of the way down).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_amplifier

Reactions: Inder7

Inder7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i want that the cmos differentil opamp should have a higher open loop gain that is required for an ideal opamp.But at higher frequeny, open loop gain decreases. so how to work t higher frequencies such that gain is constt. and high?

The term "ideal opamp" describes something that can't be actually made or designed in actual technology.

It's e.g. required for circuit stability that the loop gain falls below unity at a finite frequency. For this reason, any amplifier to be used in a feedback configuration can't have frequency independent constant gain. The practical design challenge is to make an amplifier with high gain-bandwidth product (GBW) and sufficient phase margin so that it can be operated in a stable feedback loop.

You'll need to mention real amplifier specifications required for your design rather than imagening "ideal" OPs.

Untitled.jpg
the frequency should be 20 GHz and the differential opamp should be stable and should have less error.
as frequency is inversely proportional to the open loop gain and directly proportional to error

Gyrator designs working in a 10 to 20 GHz range can be found in literature (google is your friend), but hardly use a regular OP topology.

Reactions: Inder7

Inder7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
this gyrator is to be designed in cadence tool using cmos transistors. so is it possible to realize it practically? what can be the desired circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back