Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I design a notch filter using only GM-C OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike009

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
How can I design a notch filter using only gm-C OTA? I want to filter the 50 Hz frequency from a 250 Hz bandwidth, with a notch filter, something like twin-T. My question is how do I design the schematic only with Gm and C.
Thank you, community :)

Re: Gm-C Notch filter

mike009 said:
Hello,
How can I design a notch filter using only gm-C OTA? I want to filter the 50 Hz frequency from a 250 Hz bandwidth, with a notch filter, something like twin-T. My question is how do I design the schematic only with Gm and C.
Thank you, community :)

I am afraid twin-T will not work with OTA´s (and is also for opamps not recommended).

Instead, using two or three gm stages you can realize notches with "universal filter" structures. Examples are given with Fig. 7 of the following pdf file:

**broken link removed**

mike009

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.