Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I design a homebrew Plasma Etching

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicman

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
homebrew plasma cutter

Hi,how can I design a homebrew Plasma Etching system ?

power supplies,and where can I put the etchant material,....etc

home brew plasma

Plasma eching is more a generic term rather than a defined technology. Most variants require a pressure chamber and a vacuum pump. You should know some more detailed requirements of your application.

copper etch plasma

what I need is copper etching in order to design very small dimensions microwave circuits by using a microstrip for very high frequencies.

Thanks

homebrew plasma

A plasma tv ?
There u can find plasma state material.

But yea there are need hie pressures/temperatures to create it ...

designing a homebrew

It may be complicated to tell you but
you can try

get a low pressure chamber should reach at least 10e-2torr
then put the two electrodes one make as base plate and other fix some metal plate(High quality SS), then assmble a RF generator 13.56MHz available . then conect two electrodes and put the substrate at one electrode and pass chlorine gas you will get the etching system, but be care full chlorine gas is very corresive

__Sree

home brew etchant

So you basicly want a very small plasma cutter ? problem is it's hard to aim and takes a fair current at very high voltage but I can offer some help a discharge etch machine is fairly easy it's like plasma etch minus the bother just rip the transformer from an old tube radio you also want the diode tube & a high voltage cap [the "plate" supply in other words]. Use a chain of 1-10 meg resistors with small caps across them to drop down from your 500v-700v supply to strike the arc the horsepower to burn through a workpiece comes from a low voltage [about 24 volt @ a few amps] supply tied to the end of that chain with several high voltage diodes in parallel last but not least you need an electrode. Even after all that you still need some way to microposition the electrode and cool the workpiece since heat will distort it. Or you could just hire a shop to laser die-cut your stuff much more sure-fire if you have a few $ to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back