Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i connevt my mvu with a usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtigerxx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can you help me how to connect my mcu with the usb and also if you know a program to control the usb

THX

xxtigerxx was here

There are several USB controllers available. A good one that I have used is made by FTDI. They make smart converters (USB to serial) or dumb ones where you get the USB frames into your MCU.

Ajay

thx ajay but FDTI is a expensive chip
do you have other suggestion?

xxtigerxx was here.......

please refere to the spec of usb produce of mentor or cast!

what do u want to do?
ur mcu is a host or device if u connect it with usb,
if device u can use pdiusbd12 ,9603,
but be a host, maybe sl811 could help u :roll:

Well, tiger, a lot depends on what your application needs. If all you need is to pass through everything that comes on serial port over the USB, your CPU need not do anything. Then you can use several cheaper versions (try Oki). If you want to connect the USB bus to your CPU (and your CPU does not have a USB controller), then the FTDI is a good solution at about $2.4 in 1000+ quantities.

You may want to consider the uPSD chip from ST Micro which as 8051 core with 256 kB flash, 32 kB boot flash, 32 kB RAM and a USB controller!!

Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back