Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I connect a Lantronix Xport to ATMega 128?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheva

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know how can I connect a Lantronix Xport to ATMega 128 uc. I need the schematics for a test board.

Thanks a lot

xport schematic

You must supply XPORT with 3.3V (do not use 5V). It is easier to use the same voltage for the ATMEGA128. So you can use ATMEGA128L.
If you don't have the intention to use the RS232 handshake signals provided as option by XPORT (CP1, CP2 or CP3), you can connect the DATA OUT pin of XPORT to RXD0 (or RXD1) of ATMEGA128L and the DATA IN pin to TXD0 (or TXD1).
I suggest to connect the CPx pins to others spare pins of ATMEGA128L because you can use them later (for remote programming of the ATMEGA128L via ETHERNET for example). The RESET pin of the XPORT can be routed to a push-button or other device because sometimes XPORT must be initialized by hardware.
Do not use baud rates above 115kb because you can overheat the XPORT.
I do not checked this, but it was an advice from a dealer.
I use XPORT with the redirector software as a remote serial port connected to ATMEGA162. I am sure that ATMEGA128L works in the same way.

sheva

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
xport and atmega

Thanks Maduran for the help you provided with Xport and Atmel128. I would still need a more speciffic schematic and an idea on how to place the connectors for Atmel's interface.

using xport with atmega

foarte interesant aici
post sa intreb si eu cum apare la tine

xport schematics

riverhills

Which Lantronix product have you used? Any feedback on reliability?

What I worry about is having to reset the Xport if it gets locked up or something like that, which will make the whole application less reliable, unless the thing has some kind of watchdog timer that can be set by the user?

On paper the Xport looks relly cool, I just want to make sure it works just as well in the real world?

**broken link removed**

Thanks
~B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back