Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i calculate the bandwidth of IF filter in receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir sher khan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
band with requirment

hi

I am using FSK technique to transmit data through air using RF.The data rate is 50Kbps and Frequency deviation is 90KHz.The receiver uses phase lock loop PLL method to demodulate the signal.Can anyone tell me how can i calculate the bandwidth of IF filter in receiver.Does the PLL method reduces the bandwidth requirement.

IF band width requirment

Yes, but according to the source, the bandwidth rule applies to GFSK rather than simple FSK.

Re: IF band width requirment

FvM said:
Yes, but according to the source, the bandwidth rule applies to GFSK rather than simple FSK.

i am using BFSK and the carson rule for that is

B = 2 * ( frequency deviation + symbol rate )

do you think that this rule is not applicable so FSK

IF band width requirment

I think, you should calculate some overhead rather than designing the bandwidth too small.

P.S.: Or accept a smoothening of the received waveform. You have to consider also the modulation, e.g. manchester or direct coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back