Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can a control be realized through internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ociredlu2

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Controll from Internet

Hi ociredlu2

It depends what you like to do. If you only want to monitor an input or set some outputs via the internet, this can be done with a simple microcontroller running a TCP/IP stack (look at the microchip's homepage, there are also many others). The ethernet port of such a device has to be connected to the open internet and you can set/read an IO from any location.
If you want to do more complex things, you have to choose a more powerful controller (e.g. a PowerPC MPC8xx from motorola) and a stable operating system with TCP/IP stack (e.g. linux). You can run a webserver or whatever you want.

Bye

Try info here, It may helpful for U.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

well it depends upon what u want to control and how to want to control whether u want to use a PC or a microcontroller, whether it is ahrdware of software, and whether it is portable or not, please mention that.
but one thing for sure that u will have to deal with TCP/IP.

Dear Friend,

Let's say you like to control your application via Internet (for monitoring, for viewing real-time data/results with graphs), you can also apply the program called"LabVIEW"(www.ni.com). That graphical programming is easy to follow up to write a program and is experienced in real-time control via Internet.

e.g Your application hardware connecting with RS-232/ Parallel Port/ GPIB
And your application is running at server machine with
installed L@bVIEW

Control media: via Internet (IE browser)

Remote application can read/write the server application via internet.

Best regards,EDIN

there is a device called GPIB router which allows you control your GPIB-control instrument via ethernet or internet.some Tek's instruments even have ethernet port and you can control them in IE.

Remote control using Labview and its internet tool kit

My favorite way of controlling remote equipment is with Lab view using its VI server function. Any thing can be controlled as long as it is available on the network and the proper VI’s have been generated for each end of the link. Using the Labview VI server function along with the application methods functions eliminates the need to use an internet browser and thus its added overhead. A second benefit of using the VI server functions is that the front panels of the remote end will be displayed much nicer on the local machine. The Labview “internet tool kit” is required along with Labview. I use Labview 7.1 which is a great package for development work of this kind.

Re: Controll from Internet

ociredlu2 said:

should have tcp/ip stack for microcontroller. on top of this should have a simple web server that can handle post/get method... so you can control through browser.

I myself have finish develop a visual basic software to control the embedded system with TCP/IP stack.

Beside, I done the web server too.

I think the web server more user friendly for all the time.

hi feiutm9898, can you share it? i wish to have a look at your project..

banh said:
hi feiutm9898, can you share it? i wish to have a look at your project..

Hi. There have many similar reference.

TCP/IP Lean book ---> Embedded Web Server --download at this forum
Visual Basic Control software --> Simply just like a Chatting software

If you want to do the data collection, just using the Network Programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back