Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How about the X-Fab Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

longstar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xfab xb06 versions

Who applid the X-Fab Process to tap out a chip successfully? Could you give me some details about the process?

xfab process

Our company use xfab processes for development. We use xc06, xt06, xc035, xh035 and others. We have few successfully projects and some works in progress.
Details u can see on xfab.com. Other detailed information is confidential. U have any common questions?

xfab problems

X-Fab? I have not heard of it before.

x-fab

We applied the xb06 process to develop a chip.How about the xb06 process?It's our first to use it.

I think XFAB process include devices with good parameters.
We didn't use xb06 yet. But xb06 is oldest XFAB process (Today 4.0 version) and well characterized. Take into account that some types of diode characterized only for reverse bias. There are special types of diodes for operation in forward bias. Also there are some bugs in model interface. For example, if u divide resistor by N spripes, this N don't sent to netlist, and contact resistance is calculated as for one resistor. It's prefered to place N resistors in schematic.
If u follow Process Specification, u'll have succ. project.
Regards.

I have used XFAB technology xb06, xb06pin and cx08, and I can say that models are very good. Schematic, post-layout simulations and measured data does not differ so much. Until now, I had only problem with dpin (photodiode) transient simulation.

i hv fabricted with xfab so far n0 issues

We have successfully used XC035 and XH035. However we faced minor problems with the decks.

Is there a commercial product that anyone knows of that uses the XC035 silicon (of any flavor) that I can buy?

This process is now about four years old so I would expect that it would be used in in hundreds of products by now.

Please let me know of an application where XC035 is used that I can buy a sample of the product.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back