Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi i need help in capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i have 12 volt dc and i want set up the vol from 12vdc to 48 vdc
i want do that with capacitors only

how i do this?

u need an inductor with a capacitor + switching device to get 48v out of 12v

hey whatz ur requirement ??
how much current u need??
simply go for DC/DC converter

There are various voltage multiplier circuits which use capacitors and diodes - no inductors. The simplest is a voltage doubler but you can get very high scaling with multiple stages.

Try a quick google or wikepedia search for voltage doubler. That will also give you voltage multiplier circuits.

Keith

asking keith --> isnt thr any logic for charging the components like capacitor in parallel n discarging by series ....usiing diodes n all ...if yes plz do provide me the circuit diagram for me ...okey hero ??

Sorry I didn't provide links earlier - I was on my mobile and cannot cut & paste links in the browser.

This should give you a general idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_multiplier

If you are designing an IC I have a presentation somewhere which compares variants of the Dickson charge pump. Let me know if you need it and I will try to find it.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back