Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HFSS V14.0] How to match lumped ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuphi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. As a small test of the effect of port shape and size on their value, I've built a simple current loop of random dimensions with a capacitive element to make it a resonant structure at 128MHz. Looking at the eigenmode analysis result it behaves like it should. However, when I want to inspect its frequency behavior through a lumped port, the port is so mismatched that I don't get any result. I have to run the simulation, extract the device impedance, set the lumped port with the conjugate of this impedance, switch off port re-normalization and rerun the simulation. The resulting S11 graph shows the expected dip at the resonance frequency but also other odd behavior, like a >0dB baseline.

Is there some way in HFSS to have lumped ports automatically match the measured impedance? And does anyone have an idea of what is going on on this S-curve?
simple_ring.png
odd_s_paras.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back