Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Solution frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

venu.gongal

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am designing a cavity filter with fo @1600MHz and 50MHz BW in HFSS. So, I setup a solution frequency @1600MHz and the results are slightly different (offset by 50MHz) from what is given in the IEEE paper ("True Inline Cross Coupled cavity Filters ").

I am using fast frequency sweep (1GHz-2GHz).

I thought meshing frequency is good enough so increased the meshing frequency(solution freq) from 1.6GHz to higher freq(10GHz). The r

I see completely different results. I dont understand what the problem might be..

Please help me out..

Thanks
Venu

---------- Post added 19-12-11 at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was 18-12-11 at 22:48 ----------

Meshing frquency was not good enough so increased it to see that my results are worse than before.

Should I use discrete frequency sweep and use frequency dependent solution setup??

Kindly help

Thanks
Venu

First of all, select the appropriate maximum number of passes and delta S.
For most designs the choice of 15 and 0.02 for the aforementioned parameters is enough.

For resonant structures, as is your case, the fast sweep works well; but you should choose the setup frequency equal to the mid-band frequency.
If you choose to use the discrete sweep you should set the design frequency equal to the maximum frequency of operation.

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

I will write down what I have done.

I used fast sweep with a solution frequency @ 1.6GHz (in pass band) , convergence achieved (after 11 passes) with lambda refinement 0.33 (default)-- I get expected results perfectly,

Now, I increased the solution frequency to 2GHz (Out of pass band) , convergence achieved (after 21 passes) -- completely erroneous results.

I increased by solution frequency to 10GHz (Out of pass band) convergence achieved (after 14 passes)--- I get accurate results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I know the reason for this discrepencies..

Also the dependence of lambda refinement on the solution.

Thanks
Venu

hi
pls send your file i will check it for you

Hi Ferdows

Attached is the file

Best*.* ---- solution Freq @ 1.57GHz

Temp*.* --- Solution Freq @ 10GHz

If I change the Solution freq between 1.57 to 10GHz--- I find weird Results...

Thanks
Venu

Attachments

• Filter_INLINE.rar
    31.6 KB · Views: 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back