Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS simulation result question

Status
Not open for further replies.

limate

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am confused with the results showing in the attached smith chart.
I understant MP here is the magnitude and phase of the impedance.
Then what is the relationship between MP, RJ, and GB, Q, and VSWR here?
How is conversion between S, Z, and Y parameters in the HFSS reports?

Thanks for any reply.

I think MP is the magnitude and phase of the constant Γ (reflection coefficient). RX represents the real and imaginary part of the impedance Z and GB represents the real and imaginary part of 1/Z. Concerning the Q and VSWR, I don't remember exactly, I have to look it up in my books first, and then tell you. And it is: Γ(reflection coefficient)=(Z-1)/(Z+1)

You are right! I orignallu want to look at the Z-parameters in Smith Chart, causing the problem I posted.

Hello, again. I checked about Q and VSWR and it is VSWR=(1+Γabs)/(1-Γabs) where Γabs is the absolute value for Γ(reflection coefficient). Concerning Q, it is Q=(stored energy)/(consumed energy)=X/R, where X,R the imaginatory and real part of impedance Z. It is also: Q=fo/BW, where fo stands for the frequency used and BW for the bandwidth. And I don't think you have to convert any of the S, Y and Z parameters in HFSS. It calculates all of them. You choose which ones suit you better and make a report of them. Hope it heps!

Sorry, I want points

warning #1 - useless post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back