Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Loop simulation and port setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Tingalingling

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to simulate a simple loop antenna but I am not sure why my the result (current density) does not seem right at all. I am wondering if anyone could help me out and point out where did I set it up wrong.

In addition, I am wondering if anyone could explain me how I should setup the lumped port. Should I just use 50 Ohm or use the resistance I calculated? Should I use the "Negative" value of the inductance I got or the "Negative" value of the capacitance I suppose to use for resonance? And should I normalize the port to 50 ohm?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Oread.rar
    39.3 KB · Views: 109

Hi,

If you don't normalize, HFSS take the impedance of the antenna to calculate the reflexion S11 coefficient. If you use a 50 Ohms line to feed your antenna, you have to normalize you port to 50 Ohms. The normalization is only an intermediate mathematic tool at the end you must have the real impedance.
I will have a look at your design and i will give you my opinion.

Bye for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back