Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Inter-digitated Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Tingalingling

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am trying to simulate IDC on HFSS but it just stuck at calculating the matrix step, I am wondering if anyone could help me out on that. I have attached the HFSS file on hereView attachment IDC.rar. Thanks.

hello I am trying to look at your design. however since you are exciting using two ports what is the reason for this? can this be modeled using single excitation? this brings to me the parallel plate capacitor , it is easy to model using a single port excitation but I could not model using two ports. any idea?

Hello Adnan, I used two ports because I found an example online that was doing it. However, I was not sure as it didn't know show me any result of the simulation. I could change it to one port... The only other thing I have simulated were patch and loop antenna so I don't know much about setting up simulation for IDC. Thanks.

Hi,

I am very new to HFSS. I am trying to simulate an inter digitated capacitor on a wafer. So far I have just created the geometry in HFSS (Please find the file attached). Could anyone please tell me how to excite the capacitor ?

Attachments

• IDC.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 36

Status
Not open for further replies.