Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS:Intel i7 2600, HyperThreading dosen't work......

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy_larkeen

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Here is my computer conf:

MB Name: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.Z68MA-D2H-B3
BIOS version: Z68MA-D2H-B3 F3
CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory information: Total physical memory 16300 MB
OS information: Microsoft Windows XP 64 Bit version

I try to force HFSS to use eight threads but without success.......

I change "HFSS options" but it is all the time this same (50% is use).

When I off HT in bios than HFSS use 100% power of 4 cores....any ideas?

best regards

andy

O im sorry... i think virtualization doesnt work. i think you need a software try this link and download the software **broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

by the way have you tried it into Intel 4 3.0ghz i think some ECE much preferred to use p4 processor because i7 has a new components which i think not compatible for some electronics experiment porposses...

(50% is use)

That number is misleading. The CPU monitor is not accurate.

For most EM simulation, hyperthreading is not useful, because these virtual cores do not add real number crunching power. It might actually slow down things, because there is some overhead in splitting the job to virtual cores that have no separate physical resources for heavy numbercrunching.

Volker is correct. Also, HFSS does not support hyperthreading so it is best to turn it off due to the reasons mentioned above.

Have Fun

Volker is correct. Also, HFSS does not support hyperthreading so it is best to turn it off due to the reasons mentioned above.

Have Fun

But If my computer has huge volume of memory, for example 128GB. Does HT work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back