Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS communication error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrodocter

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
communication failure hfss

i got this error while simulating. I dont understand the error enough to begin troubleshooting. does anyone understand it?

[error] Communication failure. System error no: 0, error description:Success (9:36 AM May 01, 2009)
[error] Port refinement, process hf3d exited with code -99. (9:36 AM May 01, 2009)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (9:36 AM May 01, 2009)
prob2Hfss11 (/home/alex/Ansoft/simulation/lihan/)
HFSSDesign1 (DrivenModal)
[info] Normal completion of simulation on server: Local Machine. (9:31 AM May 01, 2009)

comm error 20 07

Same error here bro, I can't find any information on the error. Its annoying because its random and if you run a simulation that takes hours, you come back only to find the simulation has an error.

hfss error + hf3d + code 99

the problem went away when i reduced the number of modes for a given port. this is not a practical solution though. bro.

hfss hf3d

Bump, anyone?

Here is my exact error:
[error] Communication failure. System error no: 0, error description:Success (4:18 PM Jun 25, 2009)
[error] Discrete solution, process hf3d exited with code -99. (4:18 PM Jun 25, 2009)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (4:18 PM Jun 25, 2009)

It's random too, I can run the same exact simulation and sometimes I will get an error, sometimes I won't. It's annoying when you setup a long simulation and come back 3 hours later to find it stopped halfway through. If you restart the simulation, it picks up from where it left off.

The solution might be to write a script that just clicks the simulation button every 5 minutes or so.

hfss 11 communication failure

Can any one help me with communication error in HFSS
how to get rid of this
I sometimes get out of memory error also, any idea why this happens???

thanks

communication error profile

Please upload your structure so we can check.

hfss communication error

arunkumarpb said:
Can any one help me with communication error in HFSS
how to get rid of this
I sometimes get out of memory error also, any idea why this happens???

thanks

The memory error happens when you do not have enough physical ram + virtual memory to run the simulation. The only choice you have it put more Ram on your computer, or (assuming that you are running it on a windows based computer) run it on a 64 bit OS that allows you you use your hard drive for unlimited virtual memory. The only thing about virtual memory is that it will take MUCH longer than physical memory. One last thing, the max amount of ram that you can use on a 32 bit is only 3.5 GB.

Cesar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back