Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS and open wire lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f6dro

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I am trying to model an array of full wave dipoles in front of a plane reflector. The dipoles are fed in their centers by open wire lines ( symetric transmission line). As the antenna works at 1.3Ghz , getting a good in phase alimentation of all the dipoles is important.
Of course I know how to model the feeder , as it is simply 2 wires separated by a few centimeters of air , but I don't know exactly how I can apply excitation.
The two wires are fed with 180 deg phase between it ( for exemple one wire 1 , the other -1).
In fact , to get sure that the open wire model works OK , I'd better model an open wire feed line with the usual loads like matched , open circuit and short circuit and verify all is OK before runing it in the antenna.

So my question is:
how to feed it ? How to load it?

tnx

Dom

I would use a Waveport to feed the lines. The waveport acts as a good excitation while also returning the impedance of the differential line that you are exciting the dipole with which is nice to confirm that your spacing, dielectrics, etc are good to go and correlate well to the fabricated antenna.

If the feeding needs to be inside of the computational area, use a lumped port for excitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back