Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heterodyne transmitter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharvari

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to design a heterodyne transmitter which uses MSK modulation. My question is how do I decide the frequencies for the 2 local oscillators and at what frequency can the modulated signal be provided to the transmitter. I want the final output frequency to be 30GHz. I read online that for a heterodyne architecture the 1st IF can be 70 MHz and the second can be in the 800MHz to 2GHz range. This will not give me a 30 GHz output. How do I solve for my LO frequencies?

Thank you.

Hi,
so the input signal must be sampled at IF (70 MHz) and feed to the first stage up-converter witch will translate it to IF_2 (800MHz-2GHz) wich in turn will be feed to the second stage mixer/upconverter so that it will be translated to the desired 30GHz band.
LO_1 = (800MHz-2GHz) - 70MHz
LO_2 = 30GHz - (800MHz-2GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back