Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with zxgd3003e6 set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyankilevich

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need to drive some power MOSFETs with a driver. I have chosen the components:

- For Gate Driver: ZXGD3003E6 because it has low rise/fall time (19ns) and it comes in the small SOT23-6 package.
- For MOSFET: csd17308q3.

I attach the datasheets and the trial schematics I want to create.

I have looked in the datasheet of the ZXGD3003E6 and I don't understand it. There are some resistors connected to Source and Sink terminals I need to add but I don't understand how to calculate their values. The same with the resistor connected in parallel to the input terminal.

Can someone explain how do I calculate these values? :???: Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• csd17308q3.pdf
    896.9 KB · Views: 45
  • ZXGD3003E6.pdf
    389.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image (1).png
    image (1).png
    114.9 KB · Views: 59

The circuit doesn't work.

ZXGD3003E6 is just a pair of BJT transistors without level conversion. It's unlikely that you get sufficient gate drive level with FPGA logic level input (3.3V node?) for the low side transistors, and it completely fails to drive the highside transistors.

FvM, thanks for such a fast response!

I see. In the datasheet, they don't provide minimum values for the input...

Do you have some proposal of how to change the circuit or pick-up another components? I still would like to generate the clocks from FPGA.

Thanks once again!

The high side transistors must be driven by a gate voltage relative to it's source, which needs a floating driver supply. Either bootstrap high side drivers or isolated drivers with isolated supply.

The possible solution depends on your design requirements. The popular bootstrap half-bridge drivers have relative large propagation delay and delay skew.

The high side transistors must be driven by a gate voltage relative to it's source, which needs a floating driver supply. Either bootstrap high side drivers or isolated drivers with isolated supply.

The possible solution depends on your design requirements. The popular bootstrap half-bridge drivers have relative large propagation delay and delay skew.

Thanks!

I've modified the scheme (attached). I used Linear Technology LTC4449 NMOS Driver (Datasheet is attached). Do you think this would work?

Attachments

• DAB.pdf
    404.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 4449fa.pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 48

there are some good gate drivers by ti.com and microchip which come a little cheaper than the one you depict, and they are in your original chosen sot23 package

Status
Not open for further replies.