Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with the PNP and NPN control circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

assxdf

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know the work of the circuit, please help me ,thanks

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 135

EN high, Q1 pass, Q1 collector low, so Q2 pass.
EN low, Q1 stop, Q1 collector=+5V, So Q2 stop.

Reactions: assxdf

assxdf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks tony ,i simulated the circuit using AWR Office, the result was wrong , whenever the EN is high or low, the output is always +5V.i'm so puzzled.

Where is the output node? There isn't one on the diagram. Also, what is on the other side of the inductor?
As it stands, it isn't possible to simulate it
Brian.

The other side of the inductor is a LNA,so what the voltage of the LNA? Can it be calculated up?
Thanks.
Where is the output node? There isn't one on the diagram. Also, what is on the other side of the inductor?
As it stands, it isn't possible to simulate it
Brian.

The other side of the inductor is a LNA,so what the voltage of the LNA?
The circuit is obviously intended as supply switch with the LNA as a load. For getting non-meaningless simulation results, you have to place at least a resistor representing the load, e.g. 1K. Then you can expect to see the switch operation.

assxdf

In AWR you can place V_Probe at every node of Q1 and Q2, then you can check which node is not normal. SO to check your circuit.

If you simulate in ADS, you can replace Q1 and Q2 with real component model, such as BCW60 and BCW61 for NPN and PNP transistor, so you will get real result. And you can replace ferrite bead with inductor seriesing resistor.

Cheers.

PS:
Maybe 1K as load is too big, you can place a resistor=Vdd/Idd of LNA. This will give you more precise result.

assxdf

thank you, it's very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.