Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with the phase shifter/tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarrot

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm going to design a phase shifter (or called phase tuner) with 0-90 degree tuning range. It works between 100MHz-200MHz, i.e. the input signals are two quadrature digital inputs with f=100-200 MHz.

I checked a lot of references, but they usually works at RF band. I tried a current-steering topology (as shown below), but i'm not able to make it work I think it is because 100-200 MHz is very low.

Is anybody can help me out?
(1) Will current-steering topology work at 100-200MHz?

(2) Any circuit advised?

Thank you!

xx.png

You can try a fast opamp connected as a phase shifter and use a varicap to vary the phase. For 100-200 MHz, depending on signal power, you can use a Lecher wire (twin lead, two parallel wires) with a sliding contact, to set the phase delay. You will have to use also a power splitter, to generate the reference and the delayed signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back