Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Proteus Required...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk1943

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

It's been many years since I last used Proteus, the version I am using I brought in 2001 or there abouts, but with a change in job came a change in software and for years I used Ulticap and Ulitboard before it changed to mulitisim and ultiboard...

But the computer it was installed on has since died on me...

So I am having to use Proteus ARES to laout a PCB but for the past three hours she has fought me all the way, and I have not even laid out 10% of the PCB...

I have no idea how to change from imperial to metric measurements so have no idea what track thickness I am using...

I cannot lay tracks where I wish to, as the snap grid appears to be placing them where it wants them placed...

At the moment the PCB looks ugly...

Can anyone come to my rescue and help us out please...

So if I have the Schematic Sorted, can I import that to a different package to lay it out?

Or does someone fancy laying out for us, and i'll pay them for it...

Added after 30 minutes:

ARGhhhh...

Why can I not move a sinlge track with out it going out of shape...

Can someone please remind me never to buy proteus again...

Added after 5 hours 49 minutes:

So what is a 12th track thickness in metric...

Only I cannot work out how to get the track thickness to measure in metric...

To change to metric press M on the keyboard this does not change the track t metric though, To set the Grid press CTRL+F1
Then press CTRL+T then press CTRL+N then press CTRL+R this turns off the auto featrues which should let you place the tracks where you want them,

This is one of the main reason I do not use ARES for PCB it fights you all the way, I know others may say different,But I use Altium 1000's time better, well I think so been using it for years, The good thing with Proteus is ISIS which is only good for simulatiung really.

If you look at the pads down on the left side click on the one that looks like a dill pad then click STDDIL pad and just line them up over the IC'S pads and click on the center this then should just replace them, This is better for when you etch the board you can do the same with all th other pads.

Arghhh...

I'm now in the preverbail, and desperate for some help and assistance with this...

I found that a 12th Track thickness was way too small for a home etch, so I'm trying to increase the track thickness but can only do it track by track, is there a quicker way?

Also is a track thickness of a 25th going to be thick enough, only I cannot get the track thicknesses to read as a metric value so I have no idea how thick it is, on screen it looks very thick...

1mm = 40 thou so 25 thou is 0.635mm. I would have expected that to be fine for home etching.

I don't know Proteus but you should be able to select a group of tracks and change the width of them all together.

Keith.

If only it was that simple... I can only select parts of tracks not the entire track...

But thanks for that as a 12th was way too small...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back