Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with new matrix converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefarzad

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I have designed a new matrix converter, but I have problem implementing it. As shown in the following image, some MOSFETs are utilized.
a1.PNG
I want to turn on some MOSFETs to make a current path as shown in following image.
a2.PNG
i don't know how to drive the MOSFETs to do this task. Please help me, how to drive the MOSFETs, is there any drive IC suitable for this? or any circuit to help me?
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I don't know what you want to achieve with your circuit.

Even the second picture shows a useless (for me) connection between two GND signals.

Is A, B, C.... logic level, or power, AC, DC?
If not logic level: what voltage, what current, maybe frequency, current flow only in one direction?

Klaus

PV=Photovoltaic , PV units are DC, 10 volt and 10watt.
there is a load at the right side of the picture, so there is not a useless path.
curretn flow in one direction.
I want to series two panel, this is the achievement.

Hi,

PV... makes more sense now.

But I still can't imagine what is A, B, C.

I've just googled for "matrix converter". Isn't it meant for AC mains application?

Klaus

look at the second image, by turning on 4 switches I want to make the bold path. it will make 2 PV units in series and abandon one last PV unit.
matrix converters are mainly for AC, but I have designed one, which u can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.