Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP with Linear Vector Quantization Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
learnlv2

Hello All,

I wasn't sure if I am posting under the right section regarding my problem/doubt with LVQ.

I am designing a LVQ network for classification problem, but on inspection of results that I obtain from classification, I observe that the LVQ network appears to be classyfing the patterns of my clusters by forming linear decision boundary. I am actually having my doubt if this is correct, because as per the documentation that I have come across, I have seen that it does has the ability to move the missclassified neuron away from the winning neuron. But so far I have failed to see this..

I have attached the zip files which contain the m files used by me in MATLAB.
clusters.m -> generates a set of clusters for classification
usage example [X,t,D] = clusters( 50, 1 ); X - input, t - targets
createLVQ.m -> design and train the LVQ
usage example [ netLVQ,tr ] = createLVQ( X', t );

I am trying to use 'learnlv2' algorithm as it provides the ability to move the missclassified neuron from the set of winning neuron's but just havent been able to obtain this. Can anyone please HELP ME or throw some suggestion/light on this topic

Thanking you for your time and effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back