Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with HFSS and Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelleheng

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, im completely new user to hfss and matlab.
i have already done my design of my microstrip ring resonator using HFSS.
however, i need to make use of matlab to calculate certain parameters as the formulas are pretty complex and there would be hundreds of data points when measurements are being done.

the measurements would produce about 200-400 data points in touchstone (s2p) format.

can anyone tell me how to do the programming in matlab in order for me to be able to read the values from the s2p file? or does anyone have a program for me to use?

thanks in advance :]

there is a special command in matlab that reads s2p files that have to be saved in the same directory with your script. you can also transform them to txt files or csv and simply import them and copy the values in a matrix

asturias said:
there is a special command in matlab that reads s2p files that have to be saved in the same directory with your script. you can also transform them to txt files or csv and simply import them and copy the values in a matrix

thx for your help :) i'll try looking for the special command then.
i've tried using the import wizard to import the s2p file (or importing the equivalent txt file) , but it cant seem to output the data properly into the table without reading the commented lines, whether it is in the s2p format or txt format.

Use RF Toolbox in Matlab to read Touchstone file. rfdata command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back